“There is more to estate planning than just writing a Last Will and Testament”
ESTATE PLANNING refers to the process of making and implementing advanced decisions designed to:
- Provide for financial security during lifetime.
- Address the issues that would be present in the event of incapacity before death, e.g., a disability, a long term care need, etc.
- Facilitate the transfer of assets at death – where, what, when, how
- Provide for maximum control of assets for the eventual distribution; whether to family members, friends, or to charity.
Please ask yourself the following:
- Have we executed a Will, a Power of Attorney, and Medical Directives?
- When were they last reviewed?
- Do we have children or parents with special needs requiring specialized care?
- If a business owner, have I created and implemented a business succession plan?
- Did I make provisions for the difference between owners and managers?
- Are we taking advantage of current estate planning techniques to minimize or eliminate potential estate taxes?
- Have we made provisions for the changing estate tax laws?
- Did we have a family conference to discuss our planning with our successors and beneficiaries?
Effective estate planning aims to preserve and control the maximum amount of wealth possible for YOUR intended beneficiaries; and at the same time providing you with the desired level of financial security and flexibility during your lifetime. Let us help you begin the process of organizing your affairs in order to more thoughtfully and effectively plan for the future.
Please call us or send us an email us at email@example.com to set up an initial appointment to begin the process of articulating, designing, and implementing your financial and estate plans.
Estate Planning services as not offered through First Allied Securities, Inc.